Thursday, April 17, 2008

O'Brien being O'Brien


I am not going to lie...very few things bother me as much as watching WEEI/ESPN's Dave O'Brien call Yankee games. Why? Because he is the RADIO VOICE OF THE BOSTON RED SOX! I understand that he is also one of ESPN's number 1 play-by-play announcers and he is fine announcer...but I cannot stand listening to him heap praise on the Yankees when his other job is to love the Sox. When he calls the Yankees the way he does, it is like witnessing someone cheating on a loved one right before your very eyes. In last nights ugly, ugly, ugly game, I was forced to hear him over and over again talk about Jeter "leadership", Wang being the best pitcher in baseball, get excited over Matsui's routine catches in left, talk about Girardi like he is the second come of Joe Torre and be a little bit too obvious in his love for AFraud. It made me sick.

And on top of that hearing him continue to use the stupid phrase, "Manny being Manny", made me want to punch him in the face right then and there! I believe in was the 7th inning and Manny was on first. The count was 2-2 with 2 outs and Manny kept trying to steal second as a few pitches got fouled off. Joe Morgan, another "genius", wondered why they were giving Manny the green light to run when the count was not full. O'Brien remarked, "That is assuming that they are even giving Manny the green light, he is in his own little world." Haha...never heard that before. (A note to all sports media people: Please stop with the Manny being Manny nonsense. It is old and not funny. Find something new. End Note to all sports media people) I am sick of listening to O'Brien and his torrid, very public love affair with the Yankees. Please, no more O'Brien being O'Brien. I cannot handle it anymore.

No comments: